Rocky Top K9s - Puppies sold w/ demodex mange and heart murmurs and delivered w/ bacterial pneumonia

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this review to this breeder because I hope I can help some of the reader and consumers hoping to buyer a puppy in the future. This breeder in my opinion does not have champion line adults breeding stack, but just a puppy mill, she does not care about the line of puppies her dogs produces nor does her contract displayed on her website http// give the consume any rights in getting a healthy puppy (because she will not honor it if you don’t ). If I can help one person dodge the horror I have encounter with this breeder, Ellen Roberts the world would be a better place and they could save themselves thousands of dollars in vet bills and a big headache from this lady. Ellen Roberts also advertises her puppies on http// ,http//: and http// she calls her website: rocky top k-9’s Extraordinary dogs , but the puppies are not. My boxer puppies have demodex mange and one has a 2-3 heart murmur, the other one I had to euthanize R.I.P., he was too sick from bacterial pneumonia (ship sick). I left picture that can say more than I can.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 16 #1199654 Naperville, Illinois

We purchased a female boxer from her May 2012 parents were Brodie and Bubbles. 14 days later our puppy who was our 11 year old sons 1st puppy that HE picked out and was in love with, was in the vets office...with pneumonia. Two days later she was on an IV hanging on to life, another two days later we were told to prepare for the worst if she didn't turn around. They were giving her two different antibiotics and a steroid. 24 hours later she finally made a turn and came home with Meds. We finished them up. 10-14 days later she was coughing again! Back to the vet we went got on a 3 week round of antibiotics finished it up decided probably best to do another round to hopefully get the bacteria gone. She had an ear infection as a result of the antibiotic plus at some point in the midst of all this had mange as well. We fought/paid for this dog in more ways than an owner should have to. We refused to give up on her. Last week we were able to pay off the vet bill (close to $5k) and I cried. She is a sweet little girl with an amazing disposition. We believe her Meds may have stunted her growth because her head is not proportional to her body and her bump on her head has never fully smoothed out. We have no regrets in our decision to not have her put down and spending the $$$ to keep her going. Thankfully we had the means to afford this (including me going back to work)
This all being said we had no recourse because breeder is in Missouri there are NO laws protecting the buyers
... Show more

0 0 Reply

Dec 09, 2015 #1076232

^spending 3k for a boxer puppy is a joke in itself. You would benefit from visiting dogs at the shelter or finding a decent breeder through what was this poor souls outcome?

1 3 Reply

Nov 28, 2014 #907371

We have purchased three dogs from Ellen Roberts over the past 7 years. They all are very healthy and we are extremely satisfied. Mrs. Roberts is a very conscientious and dedicated breeder of dogs and I highly recommend her anyone wanted a quality dog for their family.
Sheila Anderson

1 9 Reply

Dec 27, 2013 #764516

Please report this breeder to the Kennel Association or whoever is supposed to regulate breeders. you know how many homeless pets could have been helped with that 3K you spent?

1 3 Reply

Dec 27, 2013 #764554

The dam: Rocky Tops Lucky Seven WS38976607 and the sire: Neals Brodie WS30641230 of these puppies has been reported to the AKC. I just feel sorry for the puppies Ellen Roberts is still breeding and selling with this this pair of adult dogs. Ellen Roberts still has them up on her website as breeding adults and since my puppies where born 6-3-13, the sire has fathered one liter since. With the letter I received from the Humane Society of the United States, my puppies were doomed to begin with as stated:
Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. As you may know, there are over 10,000 puppy mills in the U.S, many of which are keeping dogs in deplorable and inhumane conditions. Many of these facilities are operating legally, meaning that they are operating because laws are non-existent to regulate that industry or they’re operating within the confines of present laws.
We have had a previous complaint about Ellen Roberts, and I will add your complaint to our records as well. She sells several different breeds online through nextdaypets, her website and I did find your complaint on yelp, along with some others. As you noted on the complaint form, she is USDA licensed. Her inspection reports show numerous violations for lack of veterinary care, lack of shelter from the elements, and insufficient living conditions. In June 2013, she was cited for your puppies’ dam “Seven” with “ribs and spinal arches prominent and there was a pronounced tuck
... Show more

2 1 Reply

Nov 17, 2014 #902012 Lexington, Mississippi

ellen roberts rock yopk9s in west plains mo is a scam sell pupys that are not well keeps your deposit when you buy the sick pup. big puppy mill has 50puppys on puppy she is a scam..

2 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Rocky Top K9s. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Rocky Top K9s.
Filing a new complaint about